Hello and welcome to something very different from what I normally do. Joseph from Iskarius nominated me for this award and, although I don’t really know how or where it started, it seemed like something interesting to do. It’ll give a bit more insight into the person behind the blog. So thank you Joseph and please check out his blog.
THE OFFICIAL RULES: LIEBSTER AWARD
If you are nominated for The Liebster Award and you accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or “gadget.”
- Answer all 11 Questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1,000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List the rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you have to inform the blogs that you nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
1. Why did you start blogging?
- I started blogging because my friend Isaac told me I should. I have been writing for the better part of a year and a half and I have loved every second of it. At first, it took time to share my work with anyone, but as time progressed and I became a bit more confident, I started sending it to friends and family. It didn’t take long for me to want a bigger and more diverse audience to share my work with so this was a kind of the natural progression.
2. If you were a superhero, what would be your power?
- This is a question that I’ve spent more time on than I should probably admit. I’d love the ability to bend light. I know that sounds weird but hear me out. If you could bend light, you could change how it bounces off surfaces, so I could do something as simple as turn someones shirt from green to purple, or theoretically travel at the speed of light by using the waves or maybe even make a hard light surface like a light bridge. I don’t know. Maybe I’m full of shit and none of this will work. Oh well.
3. Can you perform a magic trick?
- Yes and no. The only magic trick that I’ve ever really performed was giving a friend a deck of cards and told them to shuffle it completely ten times if they wanted to see a magic trick. When they were done I just put the cards away and went “ta da! I magically got you to shuffle cards for no reason!” It’s stupid but I had fun.
4. What are you exceptionally good at?
- Following a burning passion. I love writing, so I’ve written two books in a year in my attempts to get published. I love business, so I’m always working to push forward different business ideas. I know that if I want something to happen, I need to make it happen, so I work as hard as I can.
5. What is your favorite dish?
- Burgers. I love them. They can be simple or complex, but if you can find ingredients to compliment the meat, it can be divine.
6. How do you avoid getting into trouble?
- By telling the truth and being transparent. My whole purpose for starting to write was I needed an emotional outlet. I’d rather tell someone ten bad but honest things and work through it, instead of keeping something locked up and being forced to deal with it alone.
7. Would you try extreme sports?
- It depends on what it is. Like would I skydive? Sure. Bungee jump? Maybe, it seems like it would hurt your neck. I would try stuff that’s extreme but has a high success rate. I wouldn’t do something that ends in a lot of deaths because I value my life more than I need an adrenaline rush.
8. What are your 3 favorite books?
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
9. What do you think we take for granted these days?
- Communication. The ability to talk to everyone has made it easy to neglect the really important relationships because you’re focusing on keeping every relationship you’ve ever had. It also creates a false sense of closeness that I believe can be really bad for anxiety and stress.
10. You are now the wealthiest person in the world. What do you do first?
- This might seem selfish, but I would retire and focus on stuff that I’m more passionate about. If I had more time in the day to focus on my books, ideas for podcasts, videos and businesses, then I might really make something that can do even more good than just money. I’m not a materialistic person so I don’t want much other than more time in the day for my passion projects and family.
11 Random facts about myself:
- Favorite color: Purple
- Favorite song: Mad World by Gary Jules
- What am I listening to right now: She by Cocainejesus
- Book that I’m going to read next: The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
- Height: 5’8″
- Favorite brand of coffee: Eight O’Clock Original blend
- Least favorite book of the past year: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Biggest motivators: My girlfriend Alex and my own drive for success
- Favorite holiday: Groundhog Day, strictly because of how ridiculous it is
- Favorite season: Summer
- Favorite candy: Take 5
- What do you listen to when you read/write?
- Do you have any pets and what are they?
- Do you meditate, do yoga or anything else to really try to relax yourself?
- What is your favorite childhood television show?
- What’s your dream job?
- What inspires you to get out of bed every morning?
- What’s your favorite movie and why?
- If we could visit any planet in the solar system (and live), which would you choose to visit?
- What’s something that you find interesting about yourself that not many people know about?
- What’s the best joke that you know?